Friday, November 5, 2010

Love this post...

I found this a few months ago, and knew that I'd want to post it for myself when the time came. I just have to laugh out loud when I read these. I obviously have my own frustrations. Gotta love the humor in it. :)

What Not To Say To A Woman In Her Last Few Days of Pregnancy:

1. When I call you, don't answer the phone "Are you in labor"

2. When you call me and I answer don't say "So I guess you haven't had the baby yet"

3. If I don't answer, don't freak out. Don't keep calling!!! And don't start calling everyone else to find out why I didn't answer. Maybe I was in the shower. Maybe I went for a walk. Or maybe I just don't want to talk.

4. Don't tell me what day to have the baby because it is "better" for you. 2 reasons why:
     A. I have been carrying this baby for 10 months and really don't care what is more convenient for  you.
    B. If I really had any control over when the baby came do you think I would still be pregnant????

5. Don't tell me "It will all be worth it." Well, duh! I am not a terrible person, nor will I be a terrible mom because I want my pregnancy to end sooner rather then later. I know it will be worth it, but I still have a right to vent if I want.

6. If you don't want to hear a woman who is 39.5 weeks pregnant vent, then don't ask her how she is feeling or read her blog. She feels like crap.

7. If you have been pregnant before, don't act like what she is going through is totally normal and it is no big deal....mother nature makes you forget how terrible the end is so you will have more babies. In the moment it is bad and painful and you have just forgotten that.

8. If you are the Publix cashier, don't say to me "you still haven't had that baby yet". Yes I told you very proudly last week that I hoped this would be my last shopping trip without the baby....but clearly I am still fat and haven't had the baby. I ran out of food so I had to come back, ok? (Ok- so this one is directed at one individual)

9. Please STOP asking when the baby will be here. I do not have a crystal ball. I don't know!!!

10. I will let everyone know by phone call, text, email, facebook, and blog once the baby is here. It is not like I am going to forget to mention it!!


source: http://babybignon.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-not-to-say-to-woman-in-her-last.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment






 

How 'Bout Now? | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates