Tuesday, November 2, 2010

38 Weeks

Here is my 39 week update:

Brody is at least 6.8 lbs and 19. 5 inches. He's as long as a leek. However, at the doctor yesterday there was a conversation that went something like this:

Dr: How much did you weigh when you were born?
Me: 6lbs, 9ozs.
Dr: Oh yeah, this baby is definitely going to be bigger than that.

Milestone: So, even though the baby "dropped" last week, he was measuring at 38 centimeters this week. That's on track, however, we know he descended. It makes my doctor think that he's a pretty big boy. She said that she would plan to do an ultrasound next week to see how big he really is. If he's close to 8lbs, we'll talk about inducing so I don't have to birth a 9 pounder. Whew.

Feeling: I think I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I'm tired and uncomfortable. I know it could be much worse, so I'm trying to stay positive. I'm still at work until Friday, and I'm doing just fine with it. I mean, who wouldn't rather be at home on their couch? I cant really blame the pregnancy for that.

Movement: He's still pretty busy despite not having much room. I feel him a lot when I'm in the car and in the evenings.

Wishing for: Brody to arrive! :) Wishful thinking that he'll just show up on his own this week or weekend. Oh, I'm also wishing for more positive comments and thoughts from people. More on that in a bit...

Looking Forward To: Having some time to relax this weekend and next week- that's if he doesn't arrive before then. At the same time, I'm very anxious to meet this little boy!

Thankful for: Everyone who keeps checking in and has happy and positive thoughts to share. I cant get enough of the excitement that other moms have shared with me about whats it's like to have a brand new baby.

Reading: I haven't started reading either, but I bought the Nursing Mothers Companion and What to Expect the First Year.

Favorite clothes right now: None really. I bought a new dress for our anniversary and it felt good to wear something that I haven't worn once a week for the last few months. It's back to dresses for the next few days, as it's supposed to be in the upper 70s/low 80s.

Current Project: I think everything is actually done and ready to go! Joe even packed his bag last night and we have a list on the fridge of what we need to grab as we head out the door to the hospital.

Stretch marks: none. I thought I spied some the other day, but I had just been scratching my belly, so it was the lines from that. :)

38 week picture: I actually have a picture! Can you believe it? I had Joe take it on Saturday before we went out to dinner. I posted it on facebook, so you're probably already seen it, but at least I have one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment






 

How 'Bout Now? | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates