Monday, August 31, 2009

Halloween Wedding?

I love the fall. I love watching the leaves change color. I love the sound of the leaves under my feet. I love that the evenings cool off. I love Halloween.

Even though I'm once again on the west coast and don't get to see the leave change color or rustle under my feet (until maybe December), I still love the fall. And I really love Halloween. I'm not so much about the costumes, but more of the stuff leading up to the holiday. I love any kind of autumnal decor and just generally love the energy surrounding Halloween.

It's really no surprise to anyone who knows me that I'll be getting married in the fall. It was a given. The fact that our wedding is the day before Halloween happened by chance. The date was available at our venue and we thought it would be fun.
I've struggled with incorporating Halloween into the wedding. People would mention that it might be fun to dress up- I disagree. I'm all about a nice theme, but I believe costumes take weddings to another level. I have definitelyseen some interesting Halloween themed weddings...




Not exactly my cup of tea. However, I thought it might be fun to have some elements of the holiday tied into the wedding celebration. There will be plenty of candy corn, pumpkins and other fall items integrated into the ceremony and receptions. Our main colors for the wedding are black and white, however most of the flowers and other details will be orange. I wanted to use orange, knowing that I'd be using pumpkins throughout. Here is what our ring bearer will be using as his ring pillow.

I found a smaller version on etsy and contacted the seller to see if it would work for a ring bearer pillow and she happily offered to make a bigger version. It's absolutely perfect! I think Ty will love it. I've been warned by Kerry that I shouldn't plan on keeping it, because Ty will want to. :)

My niece Grace, as the flower girl, will be carrying a pumpkin basket (similar to the one below- minus the cat!) to hold her rose petals. I have tossed (no pun intended) around the idea of using silk autumn leaves instead of roses petals for her to throw, but haven't decided on it yet.
The kids table will be full of fun Halloween activities, crafts and toys, to get them excited to trick or treating the next day.

I'm sure I'll come up with other ways to incorporate a little bit of Halloween without it being too much. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!




0 comments:

Post a Comment






 

How 'Bout Now? | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates