Thursday, August 27, 2009

What's a Blog?

Hmmm, now what? What do I write about? I guess we'll start here.

Up until about a year and a half ago, I had no idea what a blog was. Well, maybe I knew, but had no interest in reading any....until my friend, Cari introduced me to Weddingbee. Cari was recently engaged and had been reading this blog for wedding ideas, tips and just general entertainment. She shared it with me because....well, long story short, my ex boyfriends fiance (now wife) had just become a contributing blogger to the site. It floored her, of course, so she shared it with me. Anyway....

I became hooked on the site, reading about wedding plans, exciting DIY projects and incredible recaps of amazing weddings. I don't know that a day has gone by since (well maybe 1 or 2) that I haven't at least checked in on weddingbee. Obsessed? Yes.

So why am I blogging? No idea. Well, I guess I just figured I'd give it a go. Jump on that bandwagon and take a ride. I'm in an amazing place in my life. I am incredibly happy and marrying a man that makes me happier than I ever imagined I could be. Cliche? Yep. I'm ok with it. I have no shame letting people know that I am in engagement bliss!

Today marks exactly 64 days 'til our wedding. I'm not a big DIYer, but maybe I'll share with you some ideas I've stolen from other people or things that maybe I've thought of myself. We'll see how easily I open up and share- because honestly, it's a little scary!

Hang on, it could be fun. How bout now? Yes. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment






 

How 'Bout Now? | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates