Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 34- Wait, where did 33 go?

So, I failed at posting an update last week. I was off work on Monday and then swamped during the week, so it just never happened. Sorry. Rather than go back and do week 33, I'm just going to do a combo this week, mentioning thing from week 33 and 34.

Here's my week 34 update


Brody is almost 18 inches long and 4 3/4 pounds. He's about as big/heavy as a cantaloupe.



Milestone: I cant believe we've hit the point where I can say that I only have 6 weeks left. Well, that's if this little guy decides to show up on time!

Feeling: Good but tired. I'm pretty worn out in the evenings, with random bursts of energy. I've been sneaking in little catnaps at work during my lunch break. They actually help a lot. Otherwise, I'm usually pretty wiped when I get home from work. Other than being tired, I'm starting to feel more and more braxton hicks contractions. I didn't know what they were until recently. I though it was just him pushing out against me, but apparently it's the uterus contracting. It doesn't hurt, but it is a bit uncomfortable.

Movement: He's still moving a good bit, but I can definitely tell that it's getting tight in there for him. His movements aren't as "jabby" (is that a word?) as they used to be, but more like I can feel him slowly sliding from one position into another.

Wishing for: An October baby. Is that wrong to say? I would love a little Halloween baby. :)

Looking Forward To: This weekend, when we finally get to put the nursery together! Yay! Joe is painting the room on Friday and then we'll start assembling everything... the crib, bookshelf, etc. We're also going to pick up the dresser on Saturday. I am so excited to finally decorate his room! I will definitely post pictures when it's finally complete!

Thankful for: (this is a new one I just added this week!) I am so thankful for lots of things with this pregnancy, such as no stretchmarks, no heartburn and the impending fall weather, but more than anything I am so grateful for my wonderful friends and family. My mother in law hosted a shower for me a few weeks ago and it was amazing. It was held at Joe's country club, per his request. My sister in law Meghan made the most delicious and cutest cupcakes with fondant sailboats. Leslie jumped right in and helped with all of the details of the shower, down to personalized thank you notes that matched the theme. It was more than I ever could have wished for. So many of the ladies that are so important to me attended and were more than generous with their gifts for Brody. He is one lucky boy and I am one lucky mama. Thank you to everyone!

Reading: Tori Spelling's Uncharted TerriTORI. I know, it's not baby related, but I love love love her books. Leslie got me a copy and it's even signed by Tori, herself! Leslie's good friend from Vegas is Tori's personal assistant, so when they were in town for a book signing, Leslie got one for me. Isn't she awesome? I'm only a few chapters in, but it's pretty good, so far.

Favorite clothes right now: Still rocking the same old stuff. It's been a little cooler, so I'm not sweating as much when I wear my fall clothes. Bonus. I haven't gotten anything new recently, but I'm kind of itching for a few new things to put in the rotation.

Current Project: Nursery and shopping for those last minute items. We got some gift cards at the shower, so off we went to purchase some of the items we'll need after his arrival. I'm crossing off my to do items left and right and it feels wonderful!

Current Food Cravings: Cheese. I love cheese. I have been enjoying string cheese pretty regularly and even melting kraft singles on everything that I can find. Mmmm, cheese.

Stretch marks: Still none

34 week photo: I don't have pics that are specific to week 34...but here are two from my little photo shoot with Cari. More to come...


0 comments:

Post a Comment






 

How 'Bout Now? | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates